Due to Covid-19, the Cohasset Historical Society
museums are currently closed to the public.
ca. 1754 MARITIME MUSEUM
The Maritime Museum, built for use as a ship chandlery for the Bates fishing business, now features maritime artifacts that reflect Cohasset's long seafaring history.
Originally located at the harbor, the building was given to the Society by Jessie and William Cox and moved to its present location on Elm Street in 1957.
The Maritime Museum's restoration was generously funded by the Cohasset Community Preservation Act Funding.